Thursday, November 19, 2009

Getting Started

This week I have been concentrating on the introduction of the course - "Getting to know your camera".

I've had this camera for about 18 months, and this is the first time that I've really tried to do some basic exercises in order to see how photos are affected by focal length, focus, aperture and taking images of moving subjects.

Although I thought I knew what I was doing, this has been an extremely useful exercise.  Of course my prior experience was there, but I had never analysed the differences of changing just one setting and then taking the same photo.  Obviously, getting to know your camera continues throughout your career, but I feel that armed with these knew experiences I will be able to find the settings needed to create the final image.

No comments:

Post a Comment